Xenos! Xenos Everywhere!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seekers Guildhouse

+8
Sparkles
Hans Yksin
Sasien Tan'Dell
Father Edward Williamson
Lady Lydja Draugr
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Beric of Goldenbridge
12 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Seekers Guildhouse Empty Seekers Guildhouse

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge Wed May 23, 2012 7:27 am

"Aaargh my head..."

Seamus wakes from a deep, dreamless slumber.

"Wha-what ha-happened last night?..."

Hauling himself upright the captain notices that his bedsheets and covers are thrown all over the room, as if a fight had broken out.

Did I get drunk and hire out that feisty elf girl from Heather's Harpies again?

He checks his wallet, finding himself 8 warrants short of what he had the day before.

No... even she wouldn't go for that little... Well a pint of rum down at the Screamer is 2 warrants, so if I was drinking, it was damn heavily...

Stumbling to his wardrobe, Seamus realises that he's already fully dressed, if somewhat foul smelling, and decides his hangover is too bad for him to deal with changing so heads downstairs to break his fast in the mess hall.

Once in the hall, his nostrils are filled with the sweet salty scent of frying bacon and sausages. Suddenly ravenous with hunger, he sits himself down as far from the mass of eager would-be adventurers as possible and helps himself to food from the various platters that run down the table.

Once his plate is laden with a traditional Gevellian Breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausages etc.) he prepares to tuck in, only to be interrupted by a voice from behind him.

"Are you OK Captain? You seemed a bit... ill... last night when Sir Draugr and the Lady Lydia brought you in."

Seamus studies the lad's face, faintly remembering him as one of the Mercenaries' new recruits.

This lad looks no older than 13, then again I was only 15 when I first left home...

Most of the new recruits these days are either inexperienced young boys out to make a name for themselves or old disgruntled militia men struggling to find work in peacetime. Nonetheless, the lad continues:

"You were asleep or something, but you kept muttering hings like 'Yarr' or calling us 'Mateys' and 'Swabs', were you feeling OK?"

Alcohol always made his accent come out Despite his best efforts to stay well-spoken, his rural upbringing and long times at sea always managed to find a way to sneak back into his voice.

"Aye, I was drunk, lad. Maybe some day you'll know what that feels like, but I don't hold much hope for that... Now get out of my sight; I have a splitting headache and your breath is putting me off my breakfast..."

With that the young Seeker scurried away to his fellows, leaving the captain to eat his bacon in peace.

Last edited by Captain Seamus O'Malley on Wed May 23, 2012 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Beric of Goldenbridge
Beric of Goldenbridge

Back to top Go down

Seekers Guildhouse Empty Re: Seekers Guildhouse

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Wed May 23, 2012 7:42 am

No sooner has the young lad left the Captain's company, than a small woman with mousey brown hair tied messily back approaches cautiously, making a soft clacking noise as she walked. She wore a plain white shirt and spectacles.

"Oh, Captain, you're up! Do you, erm, need anything? A drink perhaps?"

She leans forward hopefully.
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am

The captain swallows down his current mouthful of fried egg and bacon.

"Ah, Gwen, what exciting news do you have for me today?"

He doesn't take kindly to people interrupting his meals, let alone when he has a hangover this bad. Then again, it's impossible to be angry at the receptionist for long, her tone is just too soft and mild-mannered.

"Sorry, I'm just a little cranky after last night..."

Last edited by Captain Seamus O'Malley on Wed May 23, 2012 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Beric of Goldenbridge
Beric of Goldenbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Wed May 23, 2012 8:02 am

Gwen nods intently.
"Oh, no wonder! Sir Draugr had to bring you in on his back! Hows the breakfast?"

Not waiting for an answer, she turns around and starts off, before immediately turning around again.

"OH! I just remembered. A man came in here, very early this morning. He was looking for you. Looked tired, Amranian, carried one of them black-powder things..?"
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge Wed May 23, 2012 8:07 am

"You mean a pistol? Oh, that was probably Hans, I'll find him later once I've eaten breakfast"
And brought it back up in the privy, if this hangover continues...
"Anyway, thanks for the heads up, Gwen, I'll catch you later."
Giving the receptionist a farewell nod, he goes back to his food.
Beric of Goldenbridge
Beric of Goldenbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe Wed May 23, 2012 8:30 am

Cecil woke up on the floor of his room at the Guildhouse with a slight headache pressing on the sides of his skull. Ravenous, he quickly changed into fresh clothes before heading down to the mess hall. Upon entering, he saw the strange man from the Xenu, the one who leant through a table. Seeing the man was sat alone, he walked over.

"Good morning, fine fellow, are you well, you seemed in a bad way when Johann carried you out of the Xenu. We have not met. My name is Cecil Maximillion Percival Pepperthwaite Osthorpe. Are you an associate of Johann's?"
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr Wed May 23, 2012 9:29 am

Lydia awakened with a raging hangover, and an empty bottle of red-wine next to her bed. That had been some night, she thought to herself. Turning over she saw that the bed's other occupant was no longer there, and she decided that he had probably gone down to breakfast many hours before now, or gone to his room, for fear of someone finding them together. Either way, she knew she needed to get some water into her system to flush out the wine from last night, otherwise she probably would vomit all over the floor.

Getting changed in a rush, Lydia grabbed her door key, and left the room, to go and get some food. Walking down the stairs she bumped into Gwen, giving her a leisurely wave, before continuing onto the dining hall, to try to eat some food.
Lady Lydja Draugr
Lady Lydja Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 am

Johann Draugr turned the corner, and strode across the old cobbled square towards the Guildhouse entrance. The large double doors opened quietly, and he was welcomed by the clatter of cutlery and the scent of breakfast coming from the dining hall. But and hour and a half ago, the smellhad made him sick, but the brisk morning walk had done him good, and shaken off the worst of the hangover.

Walking through the entrance room and into the dining hall, he spotted a very ill looking Seamus, and marched over to him, and sat down on the dark wood bench opposite him.

"And how are we on this fine morning, Cap'n?"
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 am

[OOC - We are now in Dun Pennot Razz]

Why is it so difficult to get some breakfast in this damned guildhouse! First the recruit, then the receptionist, now this reporter and Johann want to talk to me. And this pain in my head...
Seamus seems to tense up at these two new visitors, as he fights to hold back both his rage and the contents of his stomach. Quickly but steadily he rises to his feet, leaving half of his plate unfinished, and makes towards the door in complete silence.
I'll go to the docks, the smell of salt spray always clears my head.
As he walks out of the building, ignoring the other seekers and even the receptionist, he begins to feel his stomach churning, and the taste of bile fills the back of his throat. Once outside, the captain throws up, creating a puddle of yellow liguid and half-digested sausage.
Someone will clear that up.
Despite this, Seamus continues walking, past the blacksmith and the training ground that lie on the same street as the guildhouse, not bothering even to nod at the owners of these establishments. Turning a corner, the sounds of the bustling docks hit him like a wave. (The streets of the city are so closely packed that a sound can travel for a mile in a straight line, but from round a corner is as inaudible as an ant's footsteps.)
Finally, where I began, and where I belong.
With that, Seamus begins walking towards the Rescue.

[The Captain has temporarily left this thread. Enjoy!]

Last edited by Captain Seamus O'Malley on Wed May 23, 2012 10:03 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Got mah Tionese cities (and tenses) mixed up :/)
Beric of Goldenbridge
Beric of Goldenbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe Wed May 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Cecil looks across at Ser Draugr, puzzled by the Captain's sudden departure. He stands amd collects some breakfast before seating himself on the bench opposite Ser Draugr.
"Good morrow, Ser Draugr, I trust you slept well?"
He scrabbles around in his pouch before drawing out a crumpled newspaper. He flicks it open and places it on the table in front of him, where he can glance down at it.
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson Wed May 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Edward wakes up and presently goes downstairs, the scent of breakfast guiding his feet. He goes to the dining hall where he sees a group of three or four men gathered together.

Good morning gentlemen! What a fine morning, eh? Do you know when breakfast shall be ready?
Father Edward Williamson
Father Edward Williamson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Wed May 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Johann looks up from the conversation to greet the Father.

"Ah, Father Edward! good morning. Breakfast is ready whenever you want it, as long as you want it before noon. Just ask one of the lads over there and they'll sort you out."
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson Thu May 24, 2012 1:37 am

Many thanks...

Edward turns towards kitchen boys

Some of that over here, if you please! Yes, bring the bread!

Edward turns back to Sir Johann

I hope you slept well? Although considering the amount of alcohol you consumed I can't imagine waking up was very pleasant...
Father Edward Williamson
Father Edward Williamson

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe Thu May 24, 2012 4:17 am

Cecil folds away his newspaper and slips it back into his puch, before turning slightly to fully face Ser Draugr.
"Ser Draugr, before you departed last night I had a request. Would you be willing to be interviewed about your knighthood from the... erm... was it the 'Winter Queen', or something similar? This interview would then be placed in the next issue of the Epitaph. It is perfectly acceptable if you wish to decline, of course."
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasien Tan'Dell Thu May 24, 2012 4:44 am

Seemingly from nowhere, Sasien glides silently into a seat at the same table as the rest of them, and places a plate on the table filled with enough food to feed four men.

He lets out a deep sigh as he relaxes in his chair, and with a quick "Hello" to his fellow seekers, he begins to devour his meal.
Sasien Tan'Dell
Sasien Tan'Dell

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson Thu May 24, 2012 4:48 am

Hungry, Sasien?

Edward looks disaprovingly at Sasien, a light frown creasing his forehead

You do know that it is taking things in excess which leads to corruption? Do not forget the Second Cataclysm, when men, dwarves and elves alike forgot thier Gods!

Edward turns to the man who had just been reading the paper

And hello to you, I don't believe we have met...
Father Edward Williamson
Father Edward Williamson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasien Tan'Dell Thu May 24, 2012 4:54 am

Sasien pauses momentarily to let out a grunt and attempt to splutter out a coherent sentence with his mouth full of food, but ends up giving up and returning to his meal.

Sasien Tan'Dell
Sasien Tan'Dell

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson Thu May 24, 2012 4:58 am

Sasien Tan'Dell wrote:Sasien pauses momentarily to let out a grunt and attempt to splutter out a coherent sentence with his mouth full of food, but ends up giving up and returning to his meal.

Edward raises his hand to his mouth in disgust, and shifts his chair away from Sasien in an attempt to enjoy his meal

And I thought elves were supposed to be graceful... Edward murmurs
Father Edward Williamson
Father Edward Williamson

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe Thu May 24, 2012 4:59 am

Father Edward Williamson wrote:Edward turns to the man who had just been reading the paper

And hello to you, I don't believe we have met...
"I believe that is correct. My name is Cecil Maximillion Percival Pepperthwaite Osthorpe, It is nice to meet you. May I inquire as to your name?"
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson Thu May 24, 2012 5:06 am

"I believe that is correct. My name is Cecil Maximillion Percival Pepperthwaite Osthorpe, It is nice to meet you. May I inquire as to your name?"

Yes, of course. I am Father Edward Williamson, Grand Master of the Knights Tempest and Cleric of the Church of the Wave Lord. You see two can play at that game...

Edward smiles lighty
Father Edward Williamson
Father Edward Williamson

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe Thu May 24, 2012 5:10 am

[quote="Father Edward Williamson"]
You see two can play at that game...
"Game - what game. Do you mean my introduction? If so, I apologise if you found that annoying or tedious, it is simply the way I was taught to introduce myself by my parents when I was a young child."
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasien Tan'Dell Thu May 24, 2012 5:19 am

A crash of cutlery is heard as Sasien finishes eating, he leans back in his chair, lets out a deep breath, and leans forward again, lening in towards Father Edward.

"I apologize for earlier, I was hungry, and I get angry when I'm hungry. I haven't eaten in two days..."
Sasien Tan'Dell
Sasien Tan'Dell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasien Tan'Dell Thu May 24, 2012 5:28 am

Sasien leans back in his chair and addresses the whole table;

"Do any of you know where Hans is?"
Sasien Tan'Dell
Sasien Tan'Dell

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Thu May 24, 2012 8:13 am

Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe wrote:
"Ser Draugr, before you departed last night I had a request. Would you be willing to be interviewed about your knighthood from the... erm... was it the 'Winter Queen', or something similar? This interview would then be placed in the next issue of the Epitaph. It is perfectly acceptable if you wish to decline, of course."

"Well, as long as they are questions I can answer with bacon in my mouth, I'm fine with doing so. And no, it was not the "Winter Queen."

Johann makes a sound something to akin to a sigh, muffled by the food in his mouth
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson Fri May 25, 2012 4:15 am

Sasien Tan'Dell wrote:A crash of cutlery is heard as Sasien finishes eating, he leans back in his chair, lets out a deep breath, and leans forward again, lening in towards Father Edward.

"I apologize for earlier, I was hungry, and I get angry when I'm hungry. I haven't eaten in two days..."

That is quite alright... just try not to do it too often, hmm? At least you look content for now...

Edward smiles nervously, calculating how long it is until lunch
Father Edward Williamson
Father Edward Williamson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next