Xenos! Xenos Everywhere!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The City of Amran

5 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The City of Amran - Page 7 Empty Re: The City of Amran

Post  Hans Yksin Sat May 18, 2013 11:36 am

Hans nods.

"Sounds good. We'll get you something, Gwen, I'm sure. The weapon isn't up for negotiation, however."

He's not sure if the Elf's left without them and frankly doesn't particularly care.

"Um, Cecil, leaving you here alone is probably not the wisest tactic with all the Clerics around..."
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe Sat May 18, 2013 6:48 pm

"It's alright, I can occupy myself outside for 2 hours."
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler Sat May 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Hilde nods. "Right then. All set." Her eyes fall on her companion. "Sassa?" It's not so much a question, just curiosity.
Scribbler
Scribbler
Admin

http://jakari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick_trade Sat May 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Sassa was studying Gwen with her head cocked on one side. "I think we should get you something other than that novice's robe to wear, and give me half an hour with some makeup, I'll give her enough of a disguise no-one will pick her out later."

maverick_trade

Location : Amrania, probably/Pocket dimension of steampunk and science

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler Sat May 18, 2013 10:50 pm

A hint of amusement showed in the ranger's eyes. "Later, then." And she left.
Scribbler
Scribbler
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Sun May 19, 2013 4:56 am

Hans and Gwen walk in two hours later, and he sits at the table, now having been cleared by the clerics. He offers her the seat beside him, smiling, before getting his gun out and beginning routine maintenance.

It's evident he visited his room at the guild when he was gone. His trademark gloves are back on his hands, and his waistcoat has been switched for a much longer leather jacket, which conceals his pistols, holstered at his back. His blade is sheathed, and he has his hood and goggles with him. His Ring seems slightly more prominent, blazing fresh blood red when earlier it was a dark bloody burgundy. Clearly it's mirroring its masters preparation for battle. His hold-out pistols are completely unnoticeable in his gloves, even to the trained eye, and his tools are scattered and hidden throughout his gloves.
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler Sun May 19, 2013 5:30 am

It isn't long before Hilde arrives, carrying a small canvas sack. Seeing the other two are already here, she places it gently on the table before Gwen. "These might be useful. I've put the rest in a safe place. We can sort it out later."
The girl opens the canvas gingerly. Reaching in, the first thing she pulls out is a dark grey travelling cloak. Beneath that are several other items of clothing, all of which she recognises- "You found- how did-?"
The ranger shakes her head, indicating that it was no problem. Emptying the rest of the sack onto the table Gwen makes pleased little murmurs about each of the things in it- until there is only one thing left in the bag. She finds at the bottom a sturdy looking pair of soft leather boots.
"These aren't-"
"They are now."
"Oh...thank you."
She nods, and takes a seat opposite them, facing the door, and watches Hans' work. "Ready?"
Scribbler
Scribbler
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Sun May 19, 2013 5:41 am

"More than."

He doesn't stop his maintenance, but does look up, practiced hands not needing his eyes to know their way around a gun.

"You might want to take Gwen somewhere to change, I doubt this room will be free for very long, and even if it is I doubt she wants an onlooker."

Then his eyes look upward in thought.

"That said, I could just step outside, if that's easier."
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe Sun May 19, 2013 5:52 am

Cecil walks in, seemingly quite changed. He has put on a set of greaves and vambraces, and under his usual cloak is a set of leather body armour. He is very openly carrying a large, barbed dagger, and as he walks a second, smaller blade peeks out from under his cloak. He has a crossbow strapped to his back, and the quiver lays underneath. He is also wearing a number of cords around his neck, each one carrying a number of totems and charms. He takes a set across from Hans, pulling out a roll of leather. As he unravells it, it contains charcoal, dead leaves, powdered stone, and other components with which to camouflage himself.

"I'm ready for what we are about to do. Is there anything else I need to do before we get started."

He reaches into his pouch for his notebook, and you think you can see the tip of a cold, blood-stained finger poking out above the rim.

Last edited by Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe on Sun May 19, 2013 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler Mon May 20, 2013 9:14 am

"Good idea." Hilde smoothly steps between Cecil and Gwen, and guides her off to the room she had been staying in.

They return some minutes later, with Gwen much more appropriately dressed, in darker coloured, more practical looking clothing. The boots also seemed to be a good fit. She had a stubborn look of determination on her face, and walked in ahead of the ranger. "I think I'm ready. Now, if there's any tips you can give me, before we're ready to go? After Sassa comes back, of course."
Scribbler
Scribbler
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 am

"Stick to the shadows, make sure the hood's over you enough to cover your face in shadow but not to limit your eyesight, in the event that we get in a fight remain behind me at ALL times, when you're told to run, run as fast as you possibly can back here. The knives I've bought you are a last resort only. As a distraction, throwing dirt into someone's face or paying some urchins to aggravate the guards usually works, but if this goes well you shouldn't need to try one. Don't ever give your real name, and in the event that you somehow get caught, don't worry. I'll come for you."

He looks up, deadly serious, slipping into operation mode.

"Any questions?"
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler Mon May 20, 2013 11:41 am

She listens closely, and nods along with each point- stopping to adjust her hood as he instructs, and then checking the hilts stashed safely away. "Stay out of the way, run, don't fight. False name. Got it."
Scribbler
Scribbler
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkles Mon May 20, 2013 11:49 am

"Pour this down his throat when he goes and does something too stupid, too."

Divah took out a vial of clear-green liquid before pausing and taking out a few more, then a bag to hold them all in. After fiddling with the individual items so everything was in the bag, he held it out by the string and used his off-hand to pull out a mask.

"Now... what am I doing in the middle of all this again?"
Sparkles
Sparkles
Admin

https://xenosrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Mon May 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Hans doesn't even need to think for the reply.

"Looking Fabulous, I suppose."
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick_trade Mon May 20, 2013 5:52 pm

"You might at least give him a challenge." Sassa slides into the room quietly. She has nondescript peasant-style clothes on and looks much older than previously. When she pulls her hood up, she could easily pass for someone in their fifties. "Got a bit caught up, but I've called in some favours and have found some people willing to either contain or eliminate the other houses. Have been past this main base of their operations, it seems all quiet over there. Possibly too quiet. Didn't see a single person either enter or leave in the half hour I watched. Looks like they might be on lockdown."

maverick_trade

Location : Amrania, probably/Pocket dimension of steampunk and science

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Mon May 20, 2013 8:39 pm

"Well, I'm loathe to put him by Gwen because a luminescent green cape is likely to undo what stealth her new attire has given her, and I'm not sure what the rest of his abilities are much good for against a bunch of swordsmen, though I suppose if he can coat his blade in sleeping drought he can act as a final resort in case one of them follows us too far..."

He finishes his gun maintenance and loads them with powder, slipping them back into his holsters, they disappear from view.

"Nice face job, by the way."
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler Tue May 21, 2013 12:25 am

Hilde is still stood by the door, having brought Gwen in. She looks over the assembled party, and seems satisfied.
Her gaze falls on the engineer. "So. Weapons. Hans?"
Scribbler
Scribbler
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkles Tue May 21, 2013 5:11 am

"Now hold on..."

Divah swept his arm outwards from his cape, opening the shroud of purple and green and shrugging slightly, letting a leather baldric slip around from his back, a hilt quite clearly visible and the right side of his cape, previously unmoved, giving way to a sheath that poked out diagonally in accordance to it.

"Enough people have been... disrespecting... men of faith lately. I believe it's time that the Wise One spoke out a little, both against her most direct foes and against those who pay her a quiet disservice, so I asked the engineers Guild to work with some clerical colleagues of mine, the result is rather astonishing I assure you."

Divah made no move to unsheath the blade, shrugging the baldric back into place to make the blade invisible against his form and returning to a less dramatic stance.

"Of course, I've learned how to use it to deadly effect, too. What would be the point in a defender of the faith if he could hardly defend himself?"
Sparkles
Sparkles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 am

"A horrendously crap defender. I've got my sword, four knives hidden in various places and six guns, again hidden. Though the sword is noticeable, I'll have to hand it off to someone else for the Guard House infiltration."

He leans back, closing his eyes

"Do we wait for Cecil or do we move? We've not got a lot of time..."
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkles Tue May 21, 2013 8:46 am

"More weapons don't make you a better combatant of any kind, are you intending to need all those knives, being forced to systematically lose each one..? Why stop at four? take a fifth."

Divah facetiously took out his own dagger and motioned to toss it to Hans, before halting at the height of the swing and sheathing it again.

"I promise you I'm more than capable of holding my own with the blade on my back, perhaps more than you if the rain took to your powder, the mace is just for show and my own dagger an athame for potions, before you accuse me of any hypocrisy here."
Sparkles
Sparkles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Tue May 21, 2013 8:50 am

Hans shakes his head.

"You asked a rhetorical question that I answered. No offense was meant, oh great Sparkly Overlord. You forget that the cases for powder are waterproof and the lock-in mechanism prevents the powder from getting wet unless it gets into the Barrel. As for the blade-work, I have been... training. The Knives are in case we get captured and I am forced to use my hidden weapons. Reloading is a pain."

He rubs his temples, feeling a headache coming on.

"Now can we focus on the task at hand rather than this veritable 'Mine's bigger' match please?"
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkles Tue May 21, 2013 9:03 am

"You're the one who thinks it's a case of 'mine's bigger', you'll find in one of my dissertations being published soon that there is strong evidence that points to certain inadequacies of your own..."
Sparkles
Sparkles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Tue May 21, 2013 9:05 am

Hans merely rolls his eyes and doesn't give the Elf anything further to comment on. His trigger finger does seem to start to itch, however.
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler Tue May 21, 2013 10:13 am

Hilde breaks the quiet between them. "If you are quite ready?" she also gestures to Cecil, who has been stood there the entire time.
Scribbler
Scribbler
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkles Tue May 21, 2013 10:15 am

"I still don't know where my role is in all this..."
Sparkles
Sparkles
Admin