Xenos! Xenos Everywhere!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Earthbound's Rescue - Masquerade of the Red Death

+2
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hans Yksin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Earthbound's Rescue - Masquerade of the Red Death Empty The Earthbound's Rescue - Masquerade of the Red Death

Post  Hans Yksin Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:00 am

The ship is cold from the altitude of the airship, the combustion engine used to fuel the technological behemoth heating little beyond the engine room and the Captain's personal quarters. Despite the various warnings to not venture outside mid-flight posted about the ship, near all of the crew had already done so, so it could be assumed by the passengers that it was relatively safe.
The breeze flowing over the ship smelled of pine, no doubt due to their running along the Amrania/Gevell border. According to the instruments, the winds were blowing southward tonight, and the recent snowstorms plaguing Amrania came with them.
Various crew dotted the ship, which consisted of rooms for the crew, more rooms for transportees, a cargo bay, the deck and the personal quarters of the Captain and First Mate, along with a sub-standard shrine to the Gods, a fairly well stocked galley and an improvised brig. There were parts of the ship that looked out of place to the trained criminal, but the Seekers hadn't been told where the crew's loot was kept, even though most knew of their identity as pirates and, as Hans regularly and fervently argued. 'A Smuggler and a Thief, not a Pirate.'

(OOC: We're on our way back from Lanet. Now RP!)
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

The Earthbound's Rescue - Masquerade of the Red Death Empty Re: The Earthbound's Rescue - Masquerade of the Red Death

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:59 am

Johann makes some kind of disgruntled sigh.

"Never did get used to this kind of travel. Don't get me wrong, I can't doubt its effectiveness, but there's something unnatural about it."

He sits back and closes his eyes, trying to rest.
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

The Earthbound's Rescue - Masquerade of the Red Death Empty Re: The Earthbound's Rescue - Masquerade of the Red Death

Post  Hans Yksin Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 am

There's a knock at the door and Hans' head appears round the swiftly opened door to the transportee communal area, which was kept separate to the crew one, for 'Safety Reasons'

"You lot alright? No airsickness? Because I swear to the Speaker, Barney is going to throw someone overboard if he has to clean up anymore vomit..."

He grimaces in distaste
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 am

Johann suddenly seems a little more awake and cheerful.

"That reminds me, I may be able to do something about that..."

He stands up, draws the plain sword he took in place of Hammer, after the Norn 'Artisan' took it to be remade. He then holds it point down in both hands, and kneels on one knee on the floor. Eyes closed, he begins to mutter, seemingly to himself. After a few moments, his muttering becomes gradually louder and more forceful, and then ceases completely. A moment passes.
Then, starting quiet and building to a forceful howl, the wind outside the ship becomes much louder, surging with a powerful softness that causes the ship to tilt slightly more than it was before. As swiftly as it came, the gust dissipates, leaving in its wake nothing but silent and seemingly still air, making the ship seem as if it were upon the ground. Things remain like this.

Johann stands up, a grin on his face that seemed to say "Yeah, I did that."

[OOC - Paladin, bitches!]
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:38 am

Hans sticks his tongue out playfully

"Yeah yeah, we'll see how useful cancelling wind is when that idiot in the engine room blows something up and I have to fix it."

He looks around

"Where are the others?"
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:43 am

"Sleeping probably. Seekers errands have a tendency to have that effect.."
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 am

Hans nods, clearly tired himself.

"I know, but with that wind the Cap wanted me in the Engine room. As it is, according to his cartography we're to hit a storm soon anyway..."

He looks at his ring.

"I really should grab some sleep while I can, but this thing..."

He trails off, looking at it.
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:11 am

The captain sits in his cabin, staring unblinkingly at a map laid out in front of him. In one hand he holds a piece of parchment with some scrawled writing and sketches of ships on. With his other he repeatedly but steadily stabs the bottom of the map with a short dagger, muttering inanely to himself.
Beric of Goldenbridge
Beric of Goldenbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun O'Malley Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:07 am

"I don't like airships. A good, normal ship guided by the Wave Lord's divine hand does just as well. In fact, there's less risk and sailing ships are much cheaper than an airship! How does this... thing even work?"

Shaun O'Malley

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Hans answers

"Ships can't do what she does, friend. Or cross-land travel would be impossible, save that railway. We rely on the Speaker here more than the Lord, here. As to how it works, I'm afraid that's classified. Only the Engineering crew are allowed to know, and since we lost the chief engineer and his staff on a bloody raid, that basically means me."
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:34 am

"Well, I feel safer already."
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:09 am

Hans smirks

"Then you'll feel safe as a Fortress knowing Seamus is at the controls of this thing..."
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:16 am

Johann sighs in an exaggerated fashion, slumping back down into the chair he was sitting on. He laughs.

"I can hardly trust that boy to hold my mead off the ground, let alone a complex piece of machinery!"
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:37 am

Hans grins sheepishly

"Is now a bad time to tell you he's almost crashed 12 times this trip alone?"
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun O'Malley Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 am

Shaun turns around, the horror clearly visible in his eyes.

"What did you say?! I hope you're joking, otherwise..."

Shaun does not manage to finish his sentence.

Shaun O'Malley

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:58 am

Hans chuckles in a way that seems to cover his own discomfort

"Joking? heheheh, no, sorry, I'm not. The only reason I'm not in the engine room right now is because he's finally given Stan the wheel, and he can actually fly..."
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:10 am

One of the young deckhands knocks on the door to Seamus' cabin and enters.
"Cap'n... We're approaching that storm you were talking of, and you know how bad Stan is at piloting through thunder... I was just wondering if you would take the wheel, you know, to minimise casualties. And would you like me to fetch you someting to eat; you've barey touched your lunch..."
Seamus looks at the long-cold bowl of broth he had hastily pushed to the edge of his desk and lets out a small grunt of acknowledgement. He gestures to the young lad to leave and stares at the parchment in his hand once more. After a moment of thought, he stands up, packs away his ruined map and, adjusting his coat and hat, leaves his cabin.
He sees Hans over at the door to the communal area where the majority of the Seekers stayed on the voyages and wolks over to join him.
"Hmm... the wind's dropped. I'm guessing tisis the calm before that storm brewing on the horizon. Hans, can you go to the engine room and check the engines are running at full capacity? We'll need a lot of power to stay stable in that beast, if my barometers are anything to go by. I'll be taking the helm, make sure the crew are all alert and ready to carry out emergency actions if it all goes awry. Oh, one more thing; tell someone to fetch me some rum, I'm gonna need it to keep me nerves steady when the deck starts to rock."
Beric of Goldenbridge
Beric of Goldenbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:18 am

Hans watches the captain walk off toward the bridge.

"Oh, shit. You there, crewman!"

"Me Sir?"

"Yes you, go get the non-alchohlic rum for the Captain, have Stan on standby and for the love of god, get me more fuel and wrenches from the cargo bay. Where the hell is my toolkit?"

"Still in the engine room, Sir."

"Great, thanks. and stop 'Sir'ing me, I'm not a bloody noble...!"

Hans and the crewmember run off in separate directions, Hans swearing profusely and the crew member looking paniced and hurried.
Hans Yksin
Hans Yksin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:31 am

Feeling the ship lurch forward, Lydia wakes from her uneasy snooze. She places one hand to her stomach, turning a slightly pale green colour. Quickly, she runs to the side of the ship and vomits into the air below.

Last edited by Lady Lydia Eriksdottir on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Lydja Draugr
Lady Lydja Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 am

Johann sees her run out onto the deck, and chuckles to himself.

"She'll be alright.."

Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:49 am

Wiping her mouth, Lydia takes a shake-y breath, and wipes her mouth with the back of her hand.
"If I could have a drink of something, just to get rid of this gods-awful taste, it would be much appreciated."
Lady Lydja Draugr
Lady Lydja Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun O'Malley Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:37 am

"Urgh. I need to get down to the living quaters and get some rest. I can't stand being awake on this damned ship."

Shaun heads below deck for a nap.

Shaun O'Malley

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:53 am

[OOC - How long do you imagine it takes to travel from Sangterre back to the Guild?]
Scribbler
Scribbler
Admin

http://jakari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:39 am

[OOC- I have absolutely no idea. I'm not sure at all how large Xenos is...]
Hauldr Johann Draugr
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:08 am

[OOC - Initiating operation Ask Crossley.]
Scribbler
Scribbler
Admin

http://jakari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next