Seeker's Chapel

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Seeker's Chapel

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Tue May 29, 2012 3:18 am

I am sorry to say that I haven't heard your story... Would you be willing to share it now?
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Tue May 29, 2012 3:55 am

She clears her throat then, looking away.
"Telling you could get me in quite a lot of trouble. Talk to me in private, I'll tell you. You'll understand."
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Tue May 29, 2012 4:39 am

I see. When you are ready just give the word and we can meet in the Clergy's room back there...

Edward jerks his thumb behind him towards a door that he usually visits
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Tue May 29, 2012 6:54 am

She stands up then, and quickly grabs his arm lightly, pulling him swiftly into the back room.

[Talk to me on fb, ask George, or personal message me on here to find out Razz]
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Edward follows, trying to keep up with Lydia. He shuts to door behind him in the Clergy room and sits down to listen.

[OK, will do...]
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 30, 2012 9:01 am

Hans sees the two moving to the Glergy Room, and can't help but make a joke

"Your 'friend' is running off with another man, Ser Draugr! I'd go after them if I were you!"
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Wed May 30, 2012 9:55 am

At least I HAVE a woman, and one who knows about more than cooking and cleaning at that. I'm afraid I haven't met your highborn girlfriend, who is aligned with the arcane, and is a blessed priest of the Earth Mother?
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed May 30, 2012 9:57 am

[Parr -coff]

Lydia would be explaining why she became a cleric, and her back story to the Father, in detail, so it takes a long time.
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 am

Eventually Edward emerges from the Clergy room, talking to Lady Lydia behind him, still in the room:

Yes, I understand completely. You may trust me...

Edward turns and sees Hans and Johann looking slightly peeved

Are you two alright?
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 am

"Me? Fine. Johann's retort being a little on the harsh side aside, I'm quite alright. the Wind Speaker sounds like my kind of God. the Sun King seems a little too into smiting stuff and the Wise One's tenets, while agreeable, don't quite suit my taste. The Wave Lord also seems a litte too out of my way. Wind Speaker it is, should I decide I have reason to become devout."

He nods at the Father, smiling.

"How about you, Father? Everything quite alright?"
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 am

Lydia looks to Hans, and the to Johann. "What did he say?" She raises an eyebrow to Johann, then walks over to him. Looking to the expression on his face she would ask "What's wrong?..."
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:05 am

Hans Yksin wrote:"Me? Fine. Johann's retort being a little on the harsh side aside, I'm quite alright. the Wind Speaker sounds like my kind of God. the Sun King seems a little too into smiting stuff and the Wise One's tenets, while agreeable, don't quite suit my taste. The Wave Lord also seems a litte too out of my way. Wind Speaker it is, should I decide I have reason to become devout."

He nods at the Father, smiling.

"How about you, Father? Everything quite alright?"

Edward looks slightly puzzled

Yes, of course. Why should it not be? And, if I may, why should you not become devout? Being devout doesn't mean becoming a Cleric or anything like that, it just means you pray regularly and follow, and if need be fight, for your God of choice. There is nothing like a Holy War to bring you close to your God. And if you die you will spend eternity in the Realm of Perfection...
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:36 am

Yes, of course. Why should it not be? And, if I may, why should you not become devout? Being devout doesn't mean becoming a Cleric or anything like that, it just means you pray regularly and follow, and if need be fight, for your God of choice. There is nothing like a Holy War to bring you close to your God. And if you die you will spend eternity in the Realm of Perfection...

"Holy War? Fight? Follow? I'm not the type to acknowledge any being as above myself, Father. Fighting for another's cause is pointless to me. I am content to follow my own ways, and as I have said I have seen faith taken to extremes, these Holy Wars included. That is the reason I choose not to become devout. Faith changes you in ways most cannot comprehend, and I am cautious towards those things that might seek to alter me, through indoctronation to an ideal or any other method. I do not claim that those with faith are wrong in any way. I just... I cannot comprehend why some choose to spend their lives in servitude. Perhaps someday I shall understand, but it will be a long time coming.

He made a remark untoward my lack of female companionship following my cracking a joke about you running off with Father Williamson, Lydia. It was a touch harsh, but I asked for it considering my comment despite his obviously pensive mood."

He smiles and returns to the Wind Speaker texts.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:31 am

"Holy War? Fight? Follow? I'm not the type to acknowledge any being as above myself, Father. Fighting for another's cause is pointless to me. I am content to follow my own ways, and as I have said I have seen faith taken to extremes, these Holy Wars included. That is the reason I choose not to become devout. Faith changes you in ways most cannot comprehend, and I am cautious towards those things that might seek to alter me, through indoctronation to an ideal or any other method. I do not claim that those with faith are wrong in any way. I just... I cannot comprehend why some choose to spend their lives in servitude. Perhaps someday I shall understand, but it will be a long time coming.

He made a remark untoward my lack of female companionship following my cracking a joke about you running off with Father Williamson, Lydia. It was a touch harsh, but I asked for it considering my comment despite his obviously pensive mood."

He smiles and returns to the Wind Speaker texts.

Not the type to acknowledge any as above yourself?! Devout or not, faithful or not, you cannot be so arrogant as to presume yourself as powerful or more so than a God! How can you say such a thing and then go back to the scripts as if nothing had happened? You blaspheme in a House of the Gods, you say Holy Wars are pointless, whether or whether not you choose to join them. You imply that faith is a method of indoctrination and suggest that the Gods are little more that tyrants! You sicken me to the very core! I ask you to leave or beg forgiveness from every True God represented in this Chapel! And pray hurry because I shall not be the one to fix the roof when the Gods strike you down for your heresy!

Edward is turning red with anger and his fists are clenched, the knuckles white. He glares at Hans with pure loathing.

[Sorry Raurie, but it had to be done... you know what Edward's like when it comes to God... or at least you do now...]
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:45 am

Hans sighs

"Yet again you misread my intentions. I said 'Acknowledge' they are above me, never claimed to be on their level, merely noted I would be unlikely to acknowledge that they are above me, despite the fact that I know they are. I said that fighting for another's cause was pointless to ME, not that the wars themselves are pointless. I implied that my experience of the extremisms of faith has led me to see some indoctronated. Not all. I also said that I cannot understand why others would freely live life in servitude, I not once implied that the Gods were tyrants, only that I could not understand how someone can give up their own interests so freely, having also stated that I didn't think they were wrong, only that I could not understand them.

He glares coldly at the Father.

I am extremely thankful the God's forsight and wisdom is far beyond your own, Father. Your ability to attack any who would express their views on Religion is as astounding as it is loathful. I was merely expressing my knowledge on how dark some sides of Religion can be used, not assaulting the Gods or their followers. I advise you to watch your tone when in civil company. Your self-righteous arrogance toward my views is dim-witted and is clouding your judgement on my words, forcing you to attack rather than discuss in a civilised manner, as a civilised Cleric would. Take your animalistic rage away from this place of calm. It has no place clouding the judgement of a Champion of the Wave Lord. Speak to me when you are calm enough to elicit a proper discussion, not when you would abuse the mindset of another of the God's flock and claim to be wielding the God's will in doing so. Begone.
His glare intensifies as he returns to the scriptures, still obviously aware of the Father's presence.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 am

Edward's rage increases, his eye twitching and a vein in his neck throbbing slightly.

Your exact words, sir, were that you are cautious of things that seek to alter you, through indoctrination. Since you are talking of the Gods you say that they seek to indoctrinate you, or something to that effect. And you appear to have your head stuck so far up your own backside that you can't recognise why you should be servile to someone far above you. You are a simple pirate-boy, in fact I am surprised you are even managing to struggle through that picture-book you call a scripture. Now if you have a further complaint you may save it, sir, or challenge me. You may not say what you said and get away with it, intentions or not, you stain upon existence.

Edward is by now shaking with rage. He takes a deep breath, which seems to calm him for a moment. Then he looks at Hans again and his anger is re-kindled.

Choose wisely, pirate-boy, fight me or leave this place. How strong do you hold your views, hmm? Because I can assure you my faith is stronger than any lust you have for simple trinkets.
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 am

[OOC - Raurie, stop baiting the priest. Also, you started it with the insults Razz]
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:33 am

Hans throws down the scripture, standing upright and staring into the eyes of the priest, not giving an inch.

"My exact words, priest, were that Faith had the power to change things in ways I cannot fathom, Indoctronation being one of many. I acknowledge, it makes some stronger. But it is also used as a reason to discriminate against certain peoples of this world, such as the Beastmen. I spoke nothing of anything insulting untowards the Gods. I did claim that some have taken Faith in darker passages, or have you forgotten the Nameless Dark? You asked why I had reason not to become Devout. I answered and you flew into a rage about how I'm insulting the Gods. You appear to have your head stuck so far up your own self-righteous backside that you cannot respect the opinion of others. I said I couldn't understand why many give their lives in servitude, not that they were in any way wrong to do so, nor did I claim that the Gods shouldn't be served. Merely that I couldn't understand how others can serve so willingly. Perhaps that is why I agree with the Wind Speaker, the God who promotes freedom and creativity. Had you attempted to discuss our separate view civilly, I would've happily listened and attempted to understand your drives.
Instead, you fly into a rage and insult my intelligence, despite my having been taught at the by teachers of the highest grade in Amrania, degrade a scripture of the Wind Speaker as a picture book, and degrade my profession. Clearly you are unaware of my previous status as a Law Officer of Amrania, or that the Princess of Amrania personally requested mine and a comrade's aid in the final strike against the Jarl. You even threaten Violence inside the Church of the Five Gods! I have no lust for simple trinkets, I merely accompany Seamus so that I may see the world, and learn from it's peoples. You are a pathetic Zealot, acting on behalf of a being you can never understand, because it is so far beyond your station. Any notion I might've had of following the Wave Lord has been crushed today, as you are a pathetic example of his followers. I have met Wave Lord followers before, but never this full of rage. Forceful, yes. But always calm. Now leave me in peace, I wish to study up on the Gods, and I do not have time for a priest who would act like a petulant child as soon as an even slightly deviating opinion is presented. If you wish to discuss Faith, do so, calmly, and respect the other side's opinions, don't hurl insults at someone you barely know, even on the basest level, or threaten them within a church of the Gods. I would've thought that the fact that they themselves haven't brought punishment upon me means that they respect my opinion and what I'm attempting to convey, rather than hating it like you do. The Gods are above my station, yes. I do not understand how many like you can serve so willingly, yes. I do not wish to become devout because I fear the corrupting powers of faith, which have been masterfully manipulated by those like the Nameless Dark, yes. Are you happy now? Has your Zealot nature been sated? I would've thought a cleric would have the sense to debate a problem, not yell and scream and threaten like a child who's chocolate has been stolen."

Hans picks up the scripture, fire in his eyes as he glares at the Priest

"Come find me when you are prepared to discuss our differences like civil men, not scream at eachother like children. Good Day."

He marches over to the shrine of the Wind Speaker, sitting close to it and picking up and placing books and scriptures around him in a circle, effectively sealing himself off from the others.

[ I offered a reason as to why I didn't become Devout, George, not a headlong 'I hate religion' rant. We're just RPing our characters. I don't trust (blind) faith, he follows the Wave Lord fervently. Of course our characters are going to clash. He started the raging and insults anyway, I was perfectly calm. Razz ]
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:04 am

Johann, after staying quiet through most of this, comes out of his almost catatonic state, and stands up straight once again, turning towards where Hans went. In a voice that one would assume he gave orders back in Amran, he says.

"Hans. I think it's time that you left us. You shame yourself, your country, and all of us. In the house of the Gods no less. Don't make me pull strings. You know I can."
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:16 am

Cecil sits quietly by the altar of the Wind Speaker, recording all which transpires.
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:55 am

"I hope you're happy, Hans, you've insulted the Gods in their own house. Get out before you disgrace yourself even more. I am horribly appalled and ashamed to even know you right now"
Lydia walks away, her back turned to him, to sit and pray again to the Earth Mother, to try to appease the God from this ghastly situation
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:16 am

Hans seemingly ignores the others comments, but an answer floats their way anyway

"So a man's opinions on how Faith can be manipulated by forces like the Nameless Dark earns him threats and insults of the supposedly high and mighty followers that are meant to fight such forces? If the Gods were so insulted by me as you claim, they'd have killed me where I sit, and I'd have answered to them. You shame them yourselves with your predjudice towards a man who is doing nothing but attempting to learn of the Gods, and for a follower of the Wind Speaker the fact that you threaten me when I am doing nothing but exorcise my freedom of opinion makes you one of the worst, Johann. I will leave, as your disgusting anger is polluting my train of thought. I shall return when I can sit and study in peace. I hope next time civil discussions can be had regarding our difference of ideals, not screaming matches and insults traded like children."

He marches briskly out of the church, glaring at the three oppressors and walking through the doors quietly, not a token pertaining to the rage his eyes expressed.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:19 am

Johann is silent for a few moments.

"And nothing of value was lost." [Razz]
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Edward takes half a step after Hans, before calming himself, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes for several seconds. Once he opens his eyes again he looks refreshed.

I'm so sorry that you had to witness that, it's just that... when he insults... anyway, enough. I am going to pray over there...

Edward indicates to the shrine of the Wave Lord

...if any of you need me.

Edward takes a deep breath, before glancing at Cecil and giving him a stern glance, which seems to suggest "if I see any of this in a newspaper I'll kill you".
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:28 am

Cecil gives Father Williamson a quizzical look, obviously perplexed by the strange man pulling faces at him.
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next