Seeker's Chapel

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Wed May 23, 2012 6:26 am

Like the bar but with more HOLY!
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeker's Chapel

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Wed May 23, 2012 6:33 am

The chapel was a small building, perched, tottering in the outskirts of the Seeker's Guild. It leaned over and the mortar was crumbling slightly, but all-in-all the building was in decent repair. A sign hung outside the door, showing the icons of the five True Gods of Xenos. It squeaks when the wind blows against it, as does the door when it opens.

Inside the room is dimly lit, with dozens of candles flickering thier scant light against the few tapestaries hanging from the walls. At the far end of the chapel was an altar, and behind it sat three chairs for the Ministers of the Chapel. In front of the altar were several pews, a pulpit and a font, along with the other trinkets and tools of any working church. The chapel seems to have an area for each of the Gods, each with it's own altar and worshipping devices.

Above all this was the grand roof, which is painted in brilliant colours to hide the lead tiles. The grand wooden beams that hold the roof up are well polished and engraved with holy words. A single chandelier hangs down from the centre of the roof, spreading it's light into every corner of the room so that there is no place for the other-god to hide in malice.
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Wed May 23, 2012 6:39 am

Father Edward Williamson enters quietly and kneels at the altar of the Wave Lord. He breathes a sigh of familiarity at the empty room, which echoes in it's silence. He clasps his hands and prays to the Wave Lord, leaving an offering of some of his wine he had taken with him from the tavern.

A frown creases his brow as he realises he is alone once again in worship, but this soon passes as the ecstasy of talking to his God overwhelms him.
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Wed May 23, 2012 7:08 am

[Assuming this isn't going on at the same time as the others]

*Clunk* *clang* "mumblemumble..weapons...mumblemumble swords..."

Johann looks up to see Father Edward.

"Oh, morning Father."
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed May 23, 2012 7:28 am

[Going to assume the same!]

Lydia looks towards every detail of the walls etc, then to the depictions of the different Gods, positioning herself in front of the Earth Mother, muttering a small prayer to her
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 23, 2012 7:52 am

Hans walks in, giving a silent nod of recognition to the three and sitting on a pew, apparently meditating over something in the relative quiet of the Chapel.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkles on Wed May 23, 2012 8:04 am

Hans Yksin wrote:Hans walks in, giving a silent nod of recognition to the three and sitting on a pew, apparently meditating over something in the relative quiet of the Chapel.

OOC: Hans enters chapel

*Quad Strikedown Charging, 3% ready*
Sparkles
Admin

View user profile http://xenosrp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Wed May 23, 2012 8:32 am

Sir Johann Draugr wrote:[Assuming this isn't going on at the same time as the others]

*Clunk* *clang* "mumblemumble..weapons...mumblemumble swords..."

Johann looks up to see Father Edward.

"Oh, morning Father."

Good morning. I hope you use those swords in God's work... and it is nice to see your lady-friend has some religious views as well. You are lucky to have such a good example of piety...
Edward nods towards Lady Lydia and then resumes praying
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed May 23, 2012 8:46 am

Father Edward Williamson wrote:
Good morning. I hope you use those swords in God's work... and it is nice to see your lady-friend has some religious views as well. You are lucky to have such a good example of piety...
Edward nods towards Lady Lydia and then resumes praying

"I am a priestess of the Earth-Mother, Father. I have very strong religious views" She turns to him, smiling as she says this.
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Wed May 23, 2012 8:48 am

"I am a priestess of the Earth-Mother, Father. I have very strong religious views" She turns to him, smiling as she says this.

I am glad to hear this. I am also glad to hear that you have done well for yourself in this life, for I hear you are a Lady of some distinction. Congratulations.

Edward smiles back and then looks down, not wanting to be seen as inappropriate
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe on Wed May 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Osthorpe walks in silently. Without saying anything to the others, he places a small offering in front of the altar of the Wind Speaker before kneeling in prayer, muttering some inaudible plea or apology.
Cecil M. P. P. Osthorpe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Thu May 24, 2012 1:46 am

I believe it is soon to be mid-afternoon... enough prayer for one day, I think...

Edward stands and reaches towards a large volume, bound in green leather and fixed with gold clasps.

Time for some light reading... feel free to borrow any book or scripture, as long as it is returned I mind not... could I possibly reccomend the 'Book of the Wave Lord' by yours truly?

Edward smiles and retires to the back room where the Clergy may spend thier free time
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Thu May 24, 2012 6:53 am

Hans moves toward the pedestals of the Sun King and Wind Speaker, taking a few scriptures and sitting again at his pew, beginning to read, muttering about 'being infomed'
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 am

Edward stumbles out of the door having had a little too much of the chapel's wine...

A damn good read if I say so myself!

Edward tries to put the book back on the shelf but he fumbles and drops it. He shrugs and staggers out of the door.

Time for a quick nap, I think...

Edward yawns, then bursts out laughing and can be heard singing badly as he walks away from the chapel.
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Sat May 26, 2012 6:57 am

[Raurie - lol wtf Sun King?! Razz]
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 am

Johann steps forward towards the altar of the Wind Speaker, kneels before it, his cloak trailing slightly behind him. He draws his bastard sword, holds it point down, leaning on it, and begins to mutter, something about service and battle, and Paladin-hood.
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Sat May 26, 2012 9:37 am

Hans watches the Knight pray over the top of the Wind Speaker scroll he was reading. Intrigued, He waits for the Hauldr to stop praying before asking a question

"If I may be so bold, friend, what is it that drew you to service in the Wind Speaker's name?"
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Sat May 26, 2012 9:46 am

Johann stands up, sheathing the blade once more. After he hears Hans' question, he stops, and slightly, but visibly, flinches.

He says nothing, but gazes vacantly at the ground, as his fingers tense upon the pommel of Hammer...

Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Sat May 26, 2012 10:01 am

Hans notices the flinch and the Knight's fingers tense on the pommel of his weapon

"Something bad, something very, very bad, I take it."

It wasn't really a question, more a half-statement, half-question, as if he knew what Johann's subtle signs signified.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Sat May 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Edward enters, slightly less drunk, having heard Hans' question but not seen Johann's responce (if that's what you can call it).

And who do you follow, pirate? I know your captain is one of those who thinks he doesn't need the Gods, but I imagine, I hope, you are different
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge on Sat May 26, 2012 9:28 pm

[OOC - who said I don't need the gods? I used to pray to Wave Lord and Wind Speaker for safety and good weather before a voyage, as all sailors do, but now I don't bother with the Wave Lord (sorry Razz) partly because I have an Airship and partly because he let my Puffin get wrecked Sad - also the tenets of Wind Speaker are so pirate]

[EDIT - the reason I'm not here IC is because I have a perfectly good chapel on my ship: some barrels with badly painted sigils on them]
Beric of Goldenbridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Sat May 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Hans sighs, looking toward the Father.

"Faith has always been a personal... problem, of mine. I acknowledge it gives some people a sense of unrivalled belonging and fortitude, but I have also seen it taken to extremes. Seamus believes he needs the Wind Speaker only to guide us on safe travels, depite having a shrine to each on the ship. I think that we need them for more than that, devout to a particular one or no."

He stares at the alter of the wind speaker, as if mulling something over.

"The Wind Speaker's ideals are in situ with my own. Creativity, and freedom, in all things. Perhaps, when I have read more of him, I may be inclined to chose him as my patron God. But I am content in my own ideals for now and Gods have ways of working that i'll never understand. Perhaps my lack of one in particular allows me to be a Jack of all trades."

He shifts an intense gaze to the Hauldr, seemingly slightly worried.

"Are you well, Ser Draugr?"
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Sun May 27, 2012 7:11 am

Lydia looks up from her prayer, kisses the alter of the Earth Mother then turn to the Father.
"What made you choose the Wave Lord, then?" She smiles saying this here, just being quizzical.
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Mon May 28, 2012 2:59 am

Lady Lydia Eriksdottir wrote:Lydia looks up from her prayer, kisses the alter of the Earth Mother then turn to the Father.
"What made you choose the Wave Lord, then?" She smiles saying this here, just being quizzical.

You may not know it by looking at me, but I am the second son of a nobleman, and as such was not intitled to any inheritabce. My father believed very much in the tenets of the Wave Lord, as they were associated with strength and leadership. I suppose he indoctrinated me from a young age - if I could not be a lord through fighting why not a lord through the Church? Either way, I respect the power of the Wave Lord above the other true Gods as it resonates in my blood...

Edward smiles, embarassed, as if having revealed too much.

Anyway, yes, I find more peace with the Wave Lord

Edward mumbles and looks down
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Mon May 28, 2012 7:51 am

Father Edward Williamson wrote: "You may not know it by looking at me, but I am the second son of a nobleman, and as such was not intitled to any inheritabce. My father believed very much in the tenets of the Wave Lord, as they were associated with strength and leadership. I suppose he indoctrinated me from a young age - if I could not be a lord through fighting why not a lord through the Church? Either way, I respect the power of the Wave Lord above the other true Gods as it resonates in my blood...
Anyway, yes, I find more peace with the Wave Lord"

"That is a good reason to become a part of the church. My story is somewhat like yours, if you've ever heard about it that is." She smiles to him, still sitting by the Earth-Mother's shrine.
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next