The Screaming Xenu

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Soars-With-Moonlight on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:27 am

Looking down at his hand, Soars-With-Moonlight saw a few lines of strange liquid, some mixing with his own blood where he cut his hand on the dagger. Eyes flicking backwards, he slumped back into his chair, his mind flying into the darkness above.

Sprinting through a burnt forest. The Great Roost in cinders. Nests-In-Dreams bloodied. Rushing to help. Talons unsheathing. A sharp pain. Talons-Of-Night looming over him. The Darkness in his eyes...

Soars-With-Moonlight sat back up, his head slowly clearing. He let out a huge screech.

"A vision...! My mate...!"
avatar
Soars-With-Moonlight

Posts : 77
Join date : 2012-07-30
Location : That bush over there... yes; the one next to the big tree.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:08 am

Lydia looks over Xyx's body here, places her hands to her shoulders and shakes the body lightly, as if to stir her. "Xyx, wake up...I need you to wake up" Lydia's voice sounds comforting, much like a mother to their child.
avatar
Lady Lydja Draugr

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 23
Location : Volkrime, with the House of Varvinden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 am

In the background, Johann is waking up again, seeming a little sleepy.
avatar
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 23
Location : Volkrime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Scribbler on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:15 am

Lydia tries to rouse the sleeping figure, and something odd occurs.
In the space of a moment, as she is moving her hands towards her, the shoulders suddenly are no longer there, and the coat comes away in her hands. But as she pushes away again, the fabric reveals a small masked face, with wide bright eyes.
The child sniffles, and tears threaten to overflow, but takes a deep breath and holds it in bravely.
A stranger would guess that the young girl is perhaps in her sixth or seventh year.
Yet you know that just now, a Celestial was lying here, weakened and asleep.
It is fairly clear to you that this is no ordinary child.
avatar
Scribbler
Admin

Posts : 401
Join date : 2012-07-17

View user profile http://jakari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Lydia, slightly confused, takes the child into her arms. "Now, now", she mutters to the child, "Don't cry. It's alright, don't worry" Cuddling the child close, Lydia rocks the child lightly in her arms, rubbing the child's back in a loving, motherly way.
avatar
Lady Lydja Draugr

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 23
Location : Volkrime, with the House of Varvinden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:11 am

Johann looks to BabbyXyx and around the room.
"This is no place for such things as this. We should perhaps go somewhere a little more well equipped, and....private?"
avatar
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 23
Location : Volkrime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:26 am

Lydia nods, before looking to BabbyXyx . "I think we need to get her out of a tavern, she doesn't look like she's really enjoying it much....How about the guildhouse?"
avatar
Lady Lydja Draugr

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 23
Location : Volkrime, with the House of Varvinden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:30 am

"Not a bad idea. We had best make way now, while she's small and easier in the carrying."

Johann stands and pulls his cloak over him. He then gives Lydia Xyx's coat to wrap around BabbyXyx.
avatar
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 23
Location : Volkrime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:32 am

Lydia wraps the coat around the child, covering every part of her she can. Once she's done this, she motions to her cloak on a chair, then to Johann. She stands up, and smiles to him, "Help me put mine on? My hands are rather full"
avatar
Lady Lydja Draugr

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 23
Location : Volkrime, with the House of Varvinden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:38 am

Johann obliges, then makes for the door.

( I think it may be an idea to move this to the " Seekers Guildhouse " Thread Razz.)
avatar
Hauldr Johann Draugr

Posts : 250
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 23
Location : Volkrime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:44 am

Covering the child with the rest of her own cloak, and pulling her hood up, Lydia follows Johann out.
avatar
Lady Lydja Draugr

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 23
Location : Volkrime, with the House of Varvinden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  maverick_trade on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:03 am

Those left in the tavern suddenly hear a shout from the dwarf behind the bar
"ere, get out, i'm warnin' ye!"
the bartender walks very slowly backwards into the bar, brandishing his hammer and with a slightly wild look in his eyes.
he's followed by a seemingly unconcerned female dwarf in a long brown coat. she ignores the hammer being waved at her face and scans the room "WHERE is she?" the menace in her tone is unmistakable.

maverick_trade

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Amrania, probably/Pocket dimension of steampunk and science

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Soars-With-Moonlight on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:13 am

Sensing the trouble brewing, Soars-With-Moonlight calmly rose from his seat, elegantly gliding into position between them. Unseen by either, however, was the actions he was making under his long, tattered cloak; his one hand loosely gripping the handle of a throwing dagger, while his other began to swirl complicated patterns in the air, generating a small swirl of ethereal fog.

"What is trouble here?"


Last edited by Soars-With-Moonlight on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Soars-With-Moonlight

Posts : 77
Join date : 2012-07-30
Location : That bush over there... yes; the one next to the big tree.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:13 am

"Where is who?"
Seamus sits upright in order to make himself more visible and to get a better view of the new arrival. He subtly moves his jacket to the side, allowing easy access to his pistol if things turn nasty.

[OOC - David, how are you 'gliding' between them if there is a bartop in the way?]
avatar
Beric of Goldenbridge

Posts : 128
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 22
Location : The Town of Goldenbridge, Gevell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  maverick_trade on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:43 am

The dwarf's face lights up "a beastman? brilliant! i love beastmen." she switches to a half-growling tone that sounds like she's tying to gargle whilst coughing up a hairball
if you're familiar with it, it's a formal greeting in an archaic version of an eagle-tribe dialect, quite badly mangled
she switches back, apparently addressing the empty air next to her as she reels off a list "best trackers anywhere, infinitely adaptable, brave as anything.... Best...trackers..." she turns toward the beastman "i need to find someone, quick, no questions asked, i'll offer a fair trade. interested?"

the bartender is still waving the hammer towards the newcomer "came out of bluddy nowhere" he spits off to one side "can't trust tha sort"

maverick_trade

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Amrania, probably/Pocket dimension of steampunk and science

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Soars-With-Moonlight on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 am

"Who... or what you need find? Also... how you know of my tribe's greeting... and our... skills?"
avatar
Soars-With-Moonlight

Posts : 77
Join date : 2012-07-30
Location : That bush over there... yes; the one next to the big tree.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 am

Realising his comment has gone unnoticed, Seamus quietly rises from his seat and shifts towards the bar slightly, wary of the Dwarf.
avatar
Beric of Goldenbridge

Posts : 128
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 22
Location : The Town of Goldenbridge, Gevell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  maverick_trade on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:21 am

oh, i learn things, me. teach things too, come to that. she wanders out from behind the bar while she's talking in a casual, friendly way and proceeds to meander apparently aimlessly about the room
love learning new things, seeing new people. spent nearly a month with you lot a while back. was great fun. taught me to cook and everything. hadn't had rabbit before, not cooked steamed in the leaves like that and with those spices, brilliant it was. and i remember the recipe, cos i'm always learning, y'see lot of people don't do that, learn.

she wanders up to Seamus and cocks her head on one side they think that cos i'm talking i'm not Paying Attention her hand blurs, then comes back into focus, holding Seamus' pistol. her voice is no longer friendly
i'm guessing from the shape that this is a propelling weapon. black powder by the smell, primed and ready. so unless you take me to her now, things are about to get messy here. and don't tell me you don't know who. 'Who or what' was your question. you'd only say that if she'd been here. so i'm asking once more Where is she?

maverick_trade

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Amrania, probably/Pocket dimension of steampunk and science

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:30 am

"You want to know where she is?"
Seamus loosens his dagger in its sheath slightly and glances behing the dwarf's shoulder, before nodding as if signalling to someone.
"Right behind you."
avatar
Beric of Goldenbridge

Posts : 128
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 22
Location : The Town of Goldenbridge, Gevell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Soars-With-Moonlight on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:32 am

Soars-With-Moonlight cocked his head, a standard Eagle tribe sign of confusion.

"There have been many here this night... who do you seek - I cannot track physical trails... but with the name for their essence... I can track the through the veil. Who or what you seek?"

Awaiting a response, Soars-With-Moonlight began to rearrange the items on his belt. His finger caught the string holding a black pouch, which spilled its contents of bones and small crystal shards onto the floor. In surprise, he also dropped the dagger he had been gripping, it landing embedded, point first, in the wooden flooring. Hesitating to look at the bones for a moment, Soars-With-Moonlight reached down to retrieve his dagger. As he gripped it, his palm ran along the blade. As the blood dripped onto the bones and floor, he stood up, growling, licking his hand clean. His eyes fluttered back into his head momentarily, and then he stooped, quickly gathering up his belongings and re-arranging them on his belt.

[OOC-recognise anything Sean]
avatar
Soars-With-Moonlight

Posts : 77
Join date : 2012-07-30
Location : That bush over there... yes; the one next to the big tree.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  maverick_trade on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 am

The dwarf seems about to reply when there is a sudden loud crack from behind her. Her eyes roll back and she slumps forward onto the floor, revealing the figure of the barman, weilding his hammer "she said she'd make a mess. Can't have people makin a mess" he glances meaningfully as seamus "you're a seeker, she's your problem now". And he bustled off behind the bar.

maverick_trade

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Amrania, probably/Pocket dimension of steampunk and science

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Soars-With-Moonlight on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 am

Soars-With-Moonlight knelt down beside the body, examining her belongings.
"I managed to see without being seen... She not dwarf... Celestial, name... Unclear - trade perhaps... Very panicked, not been to our world for long time... Why she here, not know... Why she looking for other one, maybe, also not clear."
avatar
Soars-With-Moonlight

Posts : 77
Join date : 2012-07-30
Location : That bush over there... yes; the one next to the big tree.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Beric of Goldenbridge on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:48 am

Seamus quickly retrieves his pistol from the unconscious Dwarf's hand and returns it to his hip. Realising he has no rope with which to bind her limbs together, he grips her arm in his left hand, gloved as always, and clenches with a force no normal man could muster. He waited for the telltale snap of splintering bone before repeating the process on her other arm and one of her legs. It was cruel, but it would have to do.
"I really shouldn't be doing that..." the captain says, looking at his hand. The leather around his wrist is now slightly hot and his fingers make a slight creak as he moves them. He makes a note to get better at fixing the damage done to the pistons in future.
"Hey, moonlight, when you're done making a mess, help me carry this one to the holding cells at the guildhouse."
avatar
Beric of Goldenbridge

Posts : 128
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 22
Location : The Town of Goldenbridge, Gevell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Soars-With-Moonlight on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 am

Hefting the Celestial into his arms, Soars-With-Moonlight turned towards the door.

"Yes... I will watch her once we have her... More securely... finish my inquiries."

[OOC - Assuming we now carry her there and transfer to a new thread called guildhouse holding cells?]
avatar
Soars-With-Moonlight

Posts : 77
Join date : 2012-07-30
Location : That bush over there... yes; the one next to the big tree.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  maverick_trade on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:28 am

the barman pushed the broom out into the street, spilling tiny frogs into the gutter. he shook his head "bluudy seekers" he muttered as he slammed the door. he did a quick scan of the room and nodded to himself, put away the broom and stomped off into the back room.
unnoticed, a small green frog climbed onto the back of a chair in the moonlight ribbit

maverick_trade

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Amrania, probably/Pocket dimension of steampunk and science

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum