The Screaming Xenu

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: The Screaming Xenu

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 23, 2012 7:17 am

"With respect, however, my definition of wrong people is a tad askew, considering I'm *In a lower tone* a smuggler myself. However, if anyone does inquire as to my knowledge regarding you two, I will merely refer them to you or endeavor to tell you about them. I spend my time fighting, drinking and gathering information in shady ways. Gossiping is not usually one of them unless I am amongst friends. As I believe I am now."
At this, he smiles lightly and pulls out a chair as he refills his tankard again.
"A seat, Lydia?"
Slightly buzzed now, he sits again and mutters about this being the last one.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Wed May 23, 2012 7:21 am

Johann fills another tankard from the barrel.

"Time for more drinking!"
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed May 23, 2012 7:22 am

Laughing, Lydia answers "I would love a drink!"
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 23, 2012 7:26 am

"Sorry, I've had plenty already, this will be my last. I don't like getting too drunk. Dulled senses make for very bad marksmanship. I can supply conversation, however. I have enquired enough about you already. Is there some other topic we could broach?"
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Wed May 23, 2012 8:38 am

I realise this conversation may be over, but I couldn't help but overhear that you, Sir, and the Lady were together. Now of course I would not dare tell a soul, and you may have my word as a priest on that, but I had wondered whether this 'togetherness' of which you speak is a strong friendship or extends to marriage? Marriage is such a wonderful thing, and empowers the Gods through our love of each-other and of them. I wonder whether, if not having done so already, you have considered matrimony?

Edward realises that this is of course none of his business
I'm sorry to butt-in like that...

Edward turns slightly red and goes to another seat
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed May 23, 2012 8:52 am

Father Edward Williamson wrote:I realise this conversation may be over, but I couldn't help but overhear that you, Sir, and the Lady were together. Now of course I would not dare tell a soul, and you may have my word as a priest on that, but I had wondered whether this 'togetherness' of which you speak is a strong friendship or extends to marriage? Marriage is such a wonderful thing, and empowers the Gods through our love of each-other and of them. I wonder whether, if not having done so already, you have considered matrimony?

Lydia splutters then, nearly spit-taking her drink, and looks to him. "Father, we're not 'friends' nor are we...'married'. We are together, as far as a man and woman can be together without becoming one." To this she shows him her left-hand, it being ringless. "We have not...'tied-the-knot'"
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Wed May 23, 2012 8:55 am

Edward looks up, sheepishly

Yet...
Again, accept my most humble apologies, I spoke far out of term.

Edward looks down into his wine, which seems to be empty but he raises it to his mouth anyway
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 am

Father Edward Williamson wrote:Yet...
Again, accept my most humble apologies, I spoke far out of term.

"No, no. You didn't know, it's fine" she grins to him lightly, just waving off the past conversation
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 am

Johann, looks to the preist.

Marriage is admittedly not something that we have considered. However, if the time comes when Lydia and Myself seek to "tie the knot" so to speak, I would be honoured if you would perform the ceremony.
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 am

Sir Johann Draugr wrote:Johann, looks to the preist.

Marriage is admittedly not something that we have considered. However, if the time comes when Lydia and Myself seek to "tie the knot" so to speak, I would be honoured if you would perform the ceremony.

"I can't think of anyone better to ask" smiling to both Johann and the Father here.
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 23, 2012 10:02 am

Hans simply looks on, feeling a little like a fourth wheel in the conversation.

"Not to intrude, but it might be best if we left that for another time, the two lovebirds have made it quite clear that they don't really want everybody knowing yet good Father. I don't mean any offense, but continued talk of it might broadcast the kind of attention they don't want."

Hans looks sheepish, trying to make it clear that he doesn't mean offense.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Wed May 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Sir Johann Draugr wrote:Johann, looks to the preist.

I am humbled and honoured by your request, thank you. You and the Lady are both very lucky to have each-other.
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Wed May 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Hans Yksin wrote:Hans simply looks on, feeling a little like a fourth wheel in the conversation.

"Not to intrude, but it might be best if we left that for another time, the two lovebirds have made it quite clear that they don't really want everybody knowing yet good Father. I don't mean any offense, but continued talk of it might broadcast the kind of attention they don't want."

Hans looks sheepish, trying to make it clear that he doesn't mean offense.

I understand, of course, Hans, but it is not me who continues the conversation. Had the Lady or Knight here wanted to end the conversation...

Edward gestures to Lady Lydia and Sir Johann

...then they could have just berated me with words... it appears they have not done so, so I ask that you hold your tongue until it is relevant that you cease to do so.
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Hans sighs, looking at the Father like an old man would a child.

"I realise that all your intentions are good, and marriage is always one of the brightest things to talk about, but given the fact that I have had much experience in taverns such as this He gestures around slightly, barely noticable to the other patrons. I know that the people these two are looking to avoid have eyes in even the lowliest of places. Such is the way with most Nobles and the higher tiers of social life. He looks at the Knight and Lady No offense to you two, of course. I don't really believe Johann, from the Captain's accounts, would resort to such tactics, and I'm sure his company. Nods at Lydia wouldn't either. Holding my tongue in these cases is just as dangerous as screaming attention. I am only attempting to be the voice of guidance. As a father, I am sure you have little experience with the illicit and the underhanded. We contrast in this way. But please, continue. I have no vested interest in the particulars of marriage anyway. I shall hold my tongue, as you ask."

He leans back in his chair, gesturing for them to continue while seemingly keeping an eye on other patrons, though he does rub them occaisionally.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Thu May 24, 2012 1:40 am

I warn you not to speak to me in such a tone, sir. Should the Lord and Lady here wanted to end the conversation they may have done so before it had even begun. Now, I cannot stand you stench any longer. I must pray...

Edward throws some warrants at the bar-keeper and storms out, mumbling some curse at the impudent pirate-boy...
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasien Tan'Dell on Thu May 24, 2012 3:45 am

As the two exchange words, Sasien signals to the barkeep.

"Can we have another tankard here? I wish to sample this strange beverage..." Sasien asks impatiently, feeling as if his last request had been ignored.
Sasien Tan'Dell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Thu May 24, 2012 4:20 am

Hans returns to his mead, muttering something about inexperienced priests that knew nothing of espionage. He takes out a book and starts reading, flicking a page and hicing occaisionally.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Edward Williamson on Thu May 24, 2012 4:44 am

[a few hours after Edward had left]

Edward walks into the bar, squinting his eyes at the contrast in light. He catches sight of Hans and strides over to him, smiling lightly

Hans, I have come to apologise for my outburst earlier... I hope you can recognise that I am only human, after all. It was not for me to say whether you were wrong or right, and I hope you accept my apology... I wouldn't want a rivalry or something starting before we are sent on any new missions....
Father Edward Williamson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Thu May 24, 2012 5:29 am

Hans smiles back

"It's quite alright, Father. I was overtly condescending in tone anyway, it was a mutual exchange, and I am just as much to blame as you are. We are all just human. Shall we let bygones be bygones?"
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Lydja Draugr on Thu May 24, 2012 8:33 am

"Father, please, let me apologise for allowing Hans to get so...'caught up' in the situation. He is right in saying that our 'relationship' should be kept more secretive, however, to talk to a man of the church in such a way can be counted as highly unforgivable. Therefore, I'm apologising on behalf of Hans, and for the fact that it was my own life which brought such argument upon us. I never got to say this before you stormed out so please accept my most humble of apologies, and have a mead or two with us? " Lydia smiles towards the Father, feeling completely terrible for her life causing such an argument between the two gentlemen.
Lady Lydja Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 am

"I agree, I do not doubt that Hans meant best, but sometimes experience can get in the way of wisdom.."
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hauldr Johann Draugr on Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 am

Johann shifts in his seat, and moves his sword belt around so that the seemingly very high quality rapier at his hip more lies comfortably.
[I don't carry Hammer around the town Razz]

"Enough of this talk of offence and apology. Does anyone have any interesting news, or questions needing answering?"
Hauldr Johann Draugr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Thu May 24, 2012 9:13 am

"Come now, we've both apologised for our words and tones, there is no reason to continue this emotionally lowering talk. A drink together and this will all be remedied."

Hans looks lightly peeved that Lydia tried to apologise for him, but acknoledges Johann's comment as truth with a nod and sips at his mead again.

"I think we've asked enough of you, Ser Draugr, and far as i'm aware you know relatively little of me. If you want to know anything, please ask. A friend of the Captains is a friend of mine, and I believe that includes all of you."
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasien Tan'Dell on Thu May 24, 2012 9:17 am

Sir Johann Draugr wrote:Johann shifts in his seat, and moves his sword belt around so that the seemingly very high quality rapier at his hip more lies comfortably.
[I don't carry Hammer around the town Razz]

"Enough of this talk of offence and apology. Does anyone have any interesting news, or questions needing answering?"

"Yes,well I'm going to be a friend of the Captain in my hammock on his ship, I've had enough for today, I need to sleep. I'll see you at The Rescue"

Sasien gets out of his seat slowly, stands still as he stretches, and walks slowly out the door, hunched over, seemingly drained of all energy he had earlier as he came in...
Sasien Tan'Dell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Thu May 24, 2012 9:55 am

Hans looks out the window

"It appears late, and the Captain will have my backside if i'm not onboard to help with the crew tomorrow. I bid you good morrow and happy drinking."

He upends the last of his mead down his throat, slams the tankard down, nods at the collected Seekers and the Barkeep, and leaves.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum