Lord Pike's Estate

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Lord Pike's Estate

Post  maverick_trade on Tue May 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Teya nods thoughtfully along with the instruction. She leans forward, apparently to ask a question when a shout erupts from the hedges behind her “Now! Get ‘er, lads!”

Three groups of men pour out of the vegetation, maybe a dozen of them in all. They are ragged and bruised, several of them are sporting black eyes to match the princess’ own. Various weapons, from a machete to what looks like a table leg, are wielded with varying levels of confidence. A crossbow quarrel thumps into the wood where Teya had been sitting, missing her by inches as she hurls herself forward into the group behind Hans. Her sword bats aside a spear thrust, and she steps inside its reach. Her sword tip heads straight for the man’s throat, twitching aside at the last second to bury itself in his shoulder instead. As he screams and drops his spear, Teya shouts over her shoulder “Some of my friends from last night!” she ducks a machete swing “Seems like you might get that brawl after all!” she punches another man square in the face with her off hand, breaking his nose with a satisfying crunch.

maverick_trade

Location : Amrania, probably/Pocket dimension of steampunk and science

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Tue May 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Hans' grin is quite obvious as he uses his old seat as a launchpad to jump into the air. On his way down, he fires straight into the assailant beneath him with both guns, using his falling body as a crash mat before rolling off and sending a deft kick into the nearest man's genitals. Hearing him scream like a girl, Hans grabs him and pulls, hauling himself up as he sends the fool crashing face first into the ground.

"Great! I've had enough werewolf slaying, normal people are nice to fight every once in a while too."

He sidesteps a table leg and whips a dagger out of the back of his belt, slamming it into the attacker's arm and twisting, causing an agonised scream. He then uses the dagger as a lever to send the man into another, sending them both earthwards.

"Last one to finish their six buys the first round at the tavern later!"

Probably not a good bet to make with a warrior as accomplished as Teya, but what the hell, he has the extra coin floating around somewhere...
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler on Tue May 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Given the state of the attackers, along with the fact that they are only townsfolk, Hilde doesn't bother getting up. The company she keeps today are more than capable of defending themselves. Teya and Hans have already leapt into action, and she knows that the Princess likes to have her fun. The engineer seems to have a similar taste for it himself. She resolves to simply observe, and intervene only if required, taking another sip from the tankard as she watches the flurry unfold.
Scribbler
Admin

View user profile http://jakari.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick_trade on Tue May 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Teya grins to herself "Sounds great, kid, now don't get cocky!" Two steps to the left and suddenly her assailants are having to reach her over a tangle of brambles. The machete thunks into the ground as she raps the hand holding it with the flat of her blade. The man, now squeezing his hand under an armpit, is kicked backwards into a friend, both of them falling with a sound of broken glass. The crossbowman has reloaded but, finding it hard to aim at the princess through the crush, he lines up a shot on Hans. At a sound, he spins and reflexively fires, the quarrel burying itself in Teya's leg as she breaks a heavy branch against the man's ribs. She looks down at it in exasperation as she flings the remainder of the branch at her remaining opponent as he charges her. The man goes down in a tangle of limbs and wood, rather sensibly opting to stay down.

maverick_trade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Tue May 07, 2013 10:32 pm

One tries to rush Hans with a shattered bottle, and ends up with a pistol whip in the temple for his trouble. Another sneaks up behind Hans and grabs him in a full nelson hold, allowing the last a straight shot at the now 'defenseless' Seeker. However, Hans kicks the ruffian in front of him in the chest with the force of a mule, sending him backward and launching the interlinked pair into a tree. The larger one, stunned from the impact, drops Hans, who backwards elbows him in the face, registering the sickening crack of bone with a slightly proud smile, he allows the big one to drop to his knees howling in pain as he grabs the other, leaning against a tree, and sends a fist crashing across his face, cracking his head into the tree and letting him drop like a bag of flour.

"I'm nearly done here, Princess!"
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick_trade on Wed May 08, 2013 12:18 am

Groans arise from some of the downed men. Those that are left standing lower their weapons and back away uncertainly. The crossbowman at her feet looks up at Teya in surprise "Princess? We din't know you was no princess..." The man trails off uncomfortably as Teya rolls her eyes towards Hans "Thanks for that" she mutters
The crossbowman is stuttering again, his eyes are fixed on the quarrel stuck in Teya's thigh "Only I've gor a wife, an kids an all, an i know yer can be executed for hurtin royalty..." His face has gone an unhealthy green.
"Ain't right, royalty goin' round like they was normal. S'trickery!" The man who had been holding the spear struggled back to his feet, hand clamped over his shoulder. He meets the level eyes of the princess and lowers his gaze first. "Scusing yer majesty, o'course."
Teya walks up to him, ignoring the pain from her leg "What do you do for a living?" The man backs off a little, despite being nearly twice the size of the princess "'m a hunter milady, Yer honour"
"More like a poacher from my guess. Especially as I didn't spot you til you were damned close." The big man grins, unsure if he's being complimented or accused.
Teya grins back at him "but stick to poaching, you aren't much of a tactician. Got a bloody good right hook though." She indicates her own black eye with a free hand. "Let's have a look at that shoulder."

maverick_trade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 08, 2013 12:26 am

"Oi oi, I meant it as a nickname you dolts. Are you so drunk as to really think a Princess would be runnin' around the backwoods of Gevell and starting brawls with the likes of you? Princesses are refined, they don't wade into battle with sword and shield against a bunch of drunken tavern-dwellers."

Hans throws a subtle wink at Teya, knowing he's mimicing the voice of her parents. His lie is fairly well executed, and he hopes that the bloodied men are too drunk to realise his lie. Not that Teya looks much like the typical rendition of a princess, even with her dress.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick_trade on Wed May 08, 2013 2:41 am

There's a few moments of confusion as the men share glances and glances at Hans and Teya. One of them pipes up "I heard that amranian princess was a right troublemaker. Erm, that is, excusin... Um, that is if..." He trails off into uncertain silence, shifting uncomfortably as he watches Teya mutter a healing prayer over one of his more seriously injured comrades "I tell yer what" says the big poacher "if yer are royalty, itd make for a blo... a fu... A very good story!"

maverick_trade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 08, 2013 2:59 am

"Troublemaker? Oh aye, never gives her parents any rest, she's always running away, see. Gets on her horse and rides and rides and they have to send the guard out..."

He shakes his head, sighing.

"There's always a big bloody fuss when she gets back, muddied up one of her pretty royal gowns. She doesn't go to bars though, just runs away. Take it from an Amranian friend, this..."

He points at Teya lightly.

"Lady is not our princess, she's a Shield-Maiden in one of the Royal Guardsman shifts. I call her princess cuz it annoys her so much, right tomboy this one. Truth be told, I'm expecting a smack right about now."
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick_trade on Wed May 08, 2013 4:40 am

Teya narrows her eyes as Hans talks, seemingly concentrating on removing the glass from the back of the man in front of her. She does notice the attitude of the Gevellians change though, mutterings of "that makes sense" running through the crowd. Teya is impressed - men like that wouldn't have appreciated being beaten by royalty, but a trained soldier? Well, that's just a matter of training... When he's finished, she turns to him sweetly "and why would I give you a smack now you promised to buy the first round?" There are cheers from the assembled group. Teya nods at Hilde, knowing she'll make sure the seeker finds enough in his pockets for the drinks.

maverick_trade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler on Wed May 08, 2013 4:44 am

The ranger blinks, just long enough to be intentional.
Hans seemed to have steered the conversation well enough.
Potential.
Scribbler
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 08, 2013 5:10 am

Hans gives a dramatised eye-roll.

"Fine, fine, drinks are on me. Everyone get your mead-loving backsides to the tavern."

That went as well as it usually does...

He grabs lightly by the shoulder Teya

"Apart from you. Good soldiers don't leave wounds open to fester. Should I grab a cleric or do you have a health potion?"

There is slight concern in his eyes, and it's not just because she's royalty.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick_trade on Wed May 08, 2013 6:58 am

Teya stops for a second, slightly taken aback by the genuine emotion in his eyes. "What this?" She yanks the quarrel out in one fluid motion "Nah, its just a flesh wound" there is a brief trickle of blood, which soon stops. Teya inspects the head of the bolt to make sure there is none left in the wound "One of the few advantages of this twice damned dress - its silk is almost as good as armour." She tests her weight on the leg, wincing only slightly. "Now, about this drink you promised me... Don't tell this lot I'm off the booze?"

maverick_trade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 08, 2013 7:06 am

Hans gives a mock salute.

"Yes ma'am. We'll get you something just as good, I'm sure. Gevellians do love their fancy drinks. Shall we be off?"
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick_trade on Wed May 08, 2013 7:38 am

At this she does smack him round the head, if lightly. "None of that ma'am stuff. And yes, let's go entertain our guests. I'm pretty sure they'll enjoy my rendition of the Jarl and his plotting. I can cope with being a day or so late in Amran..." She trails of, staring thoughfully at the sky "besides, I'm half-tempted to charter that airship - would get us back long before anyone was expecting me..." She glances at Hans, mischief in her eyes "I can think of a few people I'd like to drop in on unannounced."

maverick_trade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans Yksin on Wed May 08, 2013 7:48 am

Hans eyes glint back, clearly on the same wavelength.

"I'm sure Seamus will be more than happy to fly you. I've been planning on visiting Amran myself for a while. It's been a long time since I went home and checked everything was okay. For now, however, he's probably in the tavern with the rest of the Cloudbreakers while everyone's gear gets loaded up by the crew. After you, you do, after all, know the way."

Leaving Lord Pike's Estate they head into the nearby village of Whitehaven. There they come across a likely looking place, an establishment by the name of The Sunk'n Leviathan. It has a sign and some singing drunkards outside.

OOC Note: Genning a new thread for this pub, whoever's following can move there, otherwise feel free to continue without whoever's leaving.
Hans Yksin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scribbler on Mon May 13, 2013 11:06 am

Hilde hangs back for a moment, allowing the others to go on ahead slightly, while tidying the tankards back onto the tray provided. Teya glances back for her, and she gives her a nod, signalling that she'll catch up shortly. Once it's clear, she goes across to one of the other tables, and slips the reporter's note into the crack between the planks on the tabletop. The message had not been for her, and it was not for her to intervene in these events.

Not yet at least.

Finished, she picked up her stride, and followed the rowdy group on their way to the tavern.
Scribbler
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3